Senior Software Engineer
Company: Learning A-Z
Company Website: http://www.learninga-z.com/index.html
Location: Ann Arbor
Job Purpose: A LAZ senior software engineer will design and deliver features based on JSP, PHP, Action Script, MySQL, and sometimes other technologies on Linux-based and other systems. We deliver our products using a fast-paced iterative development process. Those products deliver curriculum materials to teachers and students pre-K through adult. This lets us help build better readers, writers, scientists, and even more engineers.
Essential Job Functions:
– Architects, designs, and/or implements applications that conform to a business need. Maintains a business perspective in terms of understanding / affecting how systems are implemented to satisfy user goals.
– Is responsible for the entire life cycle of a system or feature. An SSE reviews requirements, generates designs, provides rough order of magnitude estimates, implements, and performs unit testing.
– Should feel that the quality of his/her work is a direct result of his/her own testing. An SSE should be able to handle assignments where no formal QA occurs. Systems developed should behave to a high standard of quality.
– Proposes, develops, reviews, and revises new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high quality systems.
– Works on multiple projects at one time, balancing needs and deadlines. An SSE is expected to progress on the project without much guidance from management. In addition, an SSE proposes new projects that will satisfy business needs.
– Can troubleshoot problems of a complex nature. Shall support systems that he/she has not implemented.
– Provides technical guidance and training to other team members.
– Shares architecture formally and informally with the team and stakeholders.
– Keeps informed of technical advances. Proposes changes based on newer technology.
– May be asked to research or investigate business opportunities that have no clear direction.
– May be involved in testing beyond unit testing (e.g. integration testing with a remote location, capacity testing)
Previous Experience Desired: Preferred Skills and Abilities: 1)Nine plus years software engineering experience. 2)Master's Degree or Equivalent. 3)Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
Previous Experience Required: Required Skills and Abilities: 1)Five to eight years software engineering experience. 2)Bachelors Degree or Equivalent. 3)Should be familiar with front-end languages and relational databases.
Start Date: 03/18/2013
Name: Rick Sansburn